Search

2020 Silver Linings


This year is one for the books, that’s for sure. But despite all the horrible and disruptive things that happened in 2020, this year has had its silver linings. and diversified.








Here are some of our favorites:



Family Dinners. Before the pandemic, between 30% and 40% of families shared a meal together, according to Anne Fishel, clinical professor of psychology at Harvard and co-founder of the Family Dinner Project. Now, 70% families are cooking more, 60% of families are making meals from scratch, and 50% of them are involving kids.


Yoga Pants Became The New Black. We know, we know. We are all tired of zoom, but let’s be real, it’s nice to roll out of bed, put on yoga pants and get to work without the commute. Plus for years, women, parents and people with disabilities have been asking employers to offer remote work as an option for jobs that can be done this way. The pandemic helped us realize that some people really do benefit from working from home, and can be just as productive as when they are in the office. While working at home can be really taxing for some, others really benefit from it.


All. The. Women. Making. History

  • Kamala Harris, first woman and woman of color elected as Vice President of the United States.

  • Rashida Jones, first black woman to run a cable news division.

  • Jane Fraser, first female CEO of a major global bank.

  • Kim NG, first female Asian American General Manager in MLB.

  • Sarah McBride, first transgender state Senator in U.S. history.

  • Alyssa Nakken, first full time female coach in MLB.

  • Gitanjali Rao became Time’s first-ever Kid of the Year.

  • Jessica Mendoza, first female analyst in World Series history.

  • Sarah Fuller, first woman to score in a Power 5 football game.

  • Valentina Sampaio, first transgender model featured in Sports Illustrated.


Launch of VEST. Of course, this year will always be special to us. The disproportionate effect the pandemic has had on women further highlighted how women are suffering the repercussions of a system that still treats us unequally. This pushed us to launch an organization focused exclusively on helping women throughout their career journey, expediting the pipeline of women in positions of power and influence.

As in every situation or stage of life when time’s are tough, take the time to look for the silver linings.


Here’s to 2021 🥂 #VESTHer

0 views0 comments

A curated network of women working together to expedite the pipeline of women in positions of power.

© 2021 VEST Her Inc.

Subscribe to our Newsletter and keep up with tips and

VEST related news. 

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Instagram Icon
  • LinkedIn
Vest Logo White.jpg